Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What is the right price per hour to pay a nanny in London?

(2 Posts)
Lishylooloo Tue 21-Jul-09 15:49:35

We have found a french nanny, who has ten years experience (although no formal qualification) and I have done a trial day with her and she is very good. I particularly want a French nanny so DD will learn French. We also want her for three days a week which is not that easy to find (we're doing a nanny share). She wants £10 an hour net. I've done the calculations and her gross would be £13.10 and adding to that when I pay National Insurance it is going to cost me £14.25 an hour. Is this the right price to pay?

Oligo Thu 23-Jul-09 12:35:09

I would say in london that sounds about right- though depends exactly where, especially due to the your specific requirements.

I assume by nanny share you mean two days somewhere else not sharing the three days with another family- in which case 10 net per family would seem very high.

The gross figure you calculated also seems higher than I'd have thought- nannynick? But this might be down to the other two day family using the tax free personal allowance. Is this likely to be the case?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now