Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

aupair arrives tomorrow!

(23 Posts)
madeindevon2 Tue 21-Jul-09 14:38:06

excited, nervous
1st aupair
done much to make her comfortable. room looks great i think. nice toiletries in her ensuite.
ds and i have done card for her
done handbook type thing, local map, some little chocs.
her picture been on fridge for past month so ds knows who she is....

hope she works out!?

Hope it all goes well and she is very nice and fits in well into your family

Millarkie Tue 21-Jul-09 19:55:20

Good luck. I hope she's a good'un

AtheneNoctua Tue 21-Jul-09 19:58:07

Oh, that sounds very nice. I'm sure she will feel very welcome.

nannyL Tue 21-Jul-09 21:58:21

Hope all goes well smile

dreamteamgirl Wed 22-Jul-09 00:24:40

Oooh good luck!! I am part way through decorating our spare room ready for September

Look forward to reading how it goes xx

madeindevon2 Wed 22-Jul-09 09:48:09

dh and ds on way to airport to pick her up!
i have to work.
cant wait to get back home at 6pm to see how its going!
dh cooking family meal for us

nannyL Wed 22-Jul-09 09:59:33

hope all goes well.. it sound like you deserve it to! smile

DadInsteadofMum Wed 22-Jul-09 10:44:07

Redecorating the bedroom - thats very impressive - I didn't even take the Doctor Who posters down. Well, they want to be immersed in British culture right?

Good luck Devon.

dreamteamgirl Wed 22-Jul-09 16:39:12

IS it really DIOM? Just automatic for me. But then I am terribly anal and like everything to be nice!

Made in devon, do post tonight wont you?

catepilarr Thu 23-Jul-09 00:12:58

oh i would not like a bedroom with posters! are they allowed to take them down?

ConstantlyCooking Thu 23-Jul-09 08:40:19

Hope it is going well madeindevon2 - our au pair arrives next month and I am getting her room ready.
Dreamteamgirl - I am not re-decorating (room is currently spare room with cream walls) but have bought some new furniture and all new bedding and towels.

LovingTheRain Thu 23-Jul-09 08:41:15

How's it going?

DadInsteadofMum Thu 23-Jul-09 09:45:36

None of them have ever asked to take the posters down!

They do have a pin board for their own stuff, new furniture last year, new mattress for the one just arrived, but never taken the posters down.

madeindevon2 Thu 23-Jul-09 12:09:00

hi all!
my son is smitten!
she seems lovely. when i got home she was pushing him round and round the garden on his bike (him directin!?)
this morning it only took one minute before he ran off to find her!?
and going to sisters this morning he was insisting she comes along too....hes def a big fan and thats what its all about i guess!
early signs are good!

Millarkie Thu 23-Jul-09 13:12:10

Good to hear that! Long may it continue

DIOM - which Dr Who is it? I can think of a couple whose posters I would leave up

dreamteamgirl Thu 23-Jul-09 13:15:00

Thats great news. I still have fingers firmly crossed that ours will as great. Oh and Millarkie, I would def leave David Tennant up, but not Tom Baker!

Millarkie Thu 23-Jul-09 13:44:11

I was thinking about Mr 'Fantastic' myself, although would probably leave DT up as well. Wouldn't be able to sleep with Peter Davison on the wall though - Urgh!

DadInsteadofMum Thu 23-Jul-09 13:57:25

The largest poster is DT, Captain Jack and Martha.

dreamteamgirl Thu 23-Jul-09 14:04:06

Ooooooh Captain Jack... Now you are talking. I may just have to get one of those for MY room grin

DadInsteadofMum Thu 23-Jul-09 14:39:29

So the general opinion is that I should leave the posters up?

And Devon very glad that all is going well so far.

dreamteamgirl Thu 23-Jul-09 15:43:14

grin

Yes I think you should leave up with the welcome talk including 'and of course if you want to take the posters down you can' (and if they do send me the DT/ Captain Jack one)

*ConstantlyCooking * I missed your reply sorry. I am doing opposite of you, current furniture redistributed, but fresh clean painted walls- the new build, very cheap magnolia was starting to look faded.
Have you done a welcome pack? What is in it?

ConstantlyCooking Sun 02-Aug-09 09:04:03

Dreamteamgirl - just got back from hols in France so sorry for late reply - I haven't done a welcome pack yet - I amplanning a manual based on the contract and the detailed info i sent with all emergency numbers etc. We are going to buy her a nice pot plant for her room and maybe some other bits and pieces - but we might wait until she is here and then we can ask what she would like to make her room feel like home. She arrives 2 weeks before I start my course so i am planning to take her out with the children to (with us paying) and also to help set up all the doctors/banks/library cards etc. What are you planning to do for yours?
We are completely new to the whole au pair situation.
The old furniture had to go because the spare room was a were old, Ikea objects went to die!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now