Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Another question about holidays

(7 Posts)
LouLovesAeroplaneJelly Tue 21-Jul-09 08:32:52

I seem to have read to much and over analysed and now confused myself.
I know the laws changed recently in regards to holidays and it is now 5.6 weeks (I think) so that works out to be 20 days holiday plus 8 public holidays. Correct?
So if I started my position last September and I still have 1 day of holiday and 2 public holidays that were not taken do I still get the PH ones or are they void as there are no PH left?
Does that make sense?
TIA

nannyL Tue 21-Jul-09 08:57:33

well between sept / april you were untitled to 4.8 weeks, and have only been entitled to 5.6 weeks since april.

so assuming 6 months of each (it changed 6th, not 1st april) then your entitled to, 2.4 weeks (12 days) +2.8 weeks (14 days) so are entitled to 26 days off this year inc bank hols. they dont have to be taken on bank hols though

LouLovesAeroplaneJelly Tue 21-Jul-09 09:24:01

Oh its all too confusing. Your explanation has helped. I think I will just ask for the moneyx instead of taking them grin.

nannyL Tue 21-Jul-09 17:54:00

how many days holiday (inc bank hols) have you had?

if less than 26 than you are owed the rest as holiday. i think you have to have that many off and arnt allowed to be paid extra for them as that is statatory minimum holiday

LouLovesAeroplaneJelly Tue 21-Jul-09 18:47:41

oh that is annoying. I have had 19 days holiday and 6 public holidays off since September 1st 2008.

nbee84 Tue 21-Jul-09 18:57:30

So... with the bank holiday in August you will have had the correct amount of paid holidays grin At least you've not been short changed.

LouLovesAeroplaneJelly Tue 21-Jul-09 19:31:35

Oohh ok I can't count today blush
So from Sep 1st I start off with 28 days holiday? I hate school holidays. My brain has turned to mush!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now