Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

monday staff room

(9 Posts)
mumsanutter Mon 20-Jul-09 07:35:35

Everything is mad in the mums household.... no school runs until 3pm today. No nursery or playgroups and have 3 at home, hope it stays dry so that they can play outside.

Hope everyone is getting into the holiday spirit

Katymac Mon 20-Jul-09 07:57:50

Hmm, holiday spirit.....what's that??

I still work a 10 hrs plus day wink

Never mind - I will see where we can go/what we can do today

mumlove Mon 20-Jul-09 08:01:57

Morning everyone.

No school here they broke up on friday, 7 weeks of no school runs grin

I have 6 children today so are going to the park this morning for cake as it's my birthday. I am so glad the sun is out after the last few days of rain we had!

Enjoy your day.

Katymac Mon 20-Jul-09 08:13:26

Happy Birthday

Cake Mmmmm can I have some?

shoshe Mon 20-Jul-09 08:18:24

First Day of Holidays here as well, No school Runs, but 7 kids!!!! all day!!! All week !!!

Katymac Mon 20-Jul-09 08:20:34

We should have 7 weeks of no school runs but DD has booked herself onto a week long course at the high school - hours? 9-3 hmm

Summerfruit Mon 20-Jul-09 08:29:50

I have only a lovely 8 mmonths old with me who has difficulties settling, I think I have tried everything, any tips ladies ?

shoshe Mon 20-Jul-09 08:44:42

It may sound strange, but i found putting my baby that screamed for 6 months in a bouncy chair helped.

i didn't strap her in, just placed her, then got on with playing with the other children, she did stop crying in it, wouldn't look at anyone else at the beginning, no smiles or anything.

Then when I sang or told stories, she would watch an slightly smile. if I got her out she would cry again, so I resorted to leaving her in, but bringing her in to the middle of the group.

Eventually after quite a long time, sh started to get herself out and play, now, she is the life and sole of the party {grin]

southernbelle77 Mon 20-Jul-09 08:45:49

We're still at school til Wednesday but dd off with flu like symptoms and need to take her to doctors later (didn't think we were supposed to but apparently the advise keeps changing and we now need to go in!). Only one mindee today who I thought for sure wouldn't come but apparently still is hmm.

knackered as dd was up half the night with a temperature and cough (made worse by her asthma) so we are not doing anything other than lying on sofa and going to doctors!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now