Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

how do I find mother's help?

(9 Posts)
iliketrees Wed 15-Jul-09 12:37:48

I'm having my third child in October and looking for somnebody to live out but come in on a daily basis to help with older children and keeping the house going. Having a section and got underlying health problems so need somebody to help keep house in order. I would need them to start at about 8am to take kids to school and then do a bit of cleaning when they returned (maybe 2 hours). Then maybe come back again in evening to help with dinnertime (maybe from 5-7pm). Any advice on how best to find somebody like that. Asking around for people's cleaners etc but no luck so far.

Tarenath Wed 15-Jul-09 16:48:34

Hi. You could try advertising on gumtree, or netmums. They are the most common places I think. It sounds like something that an entry level nanny might be interested in to get their foot in the door. From the description you're looking for someone temporarily while you get back on your feet? Out of curiousity, whereabouts are you based if you don't mind me asking?

Hi agree advertise on netmums, gumtree, nannyjob, findasitter, and also on this section of mumsnet.

You may find a very good childcare student or uni student who could do 8-10am in the moring then 5-7pm in the eve.

Also a nanny with own child may be interested in those hours.

iliketrees Wed 15-Jul-09 20:53:01

Thanks for this - didn't know about all those sites so I'll have a look. I can check references but how do I go about getting a CRB check - do people have their own which I can trust? Tarenath - i'm in New Malden, Surrey - looking for something similar? smile

Tarenath Thu 16-Jul-09 09:55:52

It's the sort of thing I'm interested in, but I'm too far away
As far as the CRB goes, it can be paid for privately through a nanny agency, which I think Tinies do, or Ofsted arrange a CRB check if she is registered with them.

Most mothers helps/nannies would have a crb as many are registered with agencies but will also look privately themselves.

if you look for a student who is doing a childcare related course at college then they will have had to have a crb for their course as will be doing placements with children.

PaulaAtMummyKnowsBest Thu 16-Jul-09 19:04:50

could you use a post natal doula instead?

I'm in Herts so too far away. I hope you find someone.

iliketrees Thu 16-Jul-09 22:52:43

THanks for these suggestions everyone. Really just want an extra pair of hands and someone who can just tidy and clean up a bit and help me stay sane. Don't really want them taking care of other children apart from taking to school in morning and maybe helping in evening. Maybe I just want a housekeeper grin.Maybe I'm being too precious and feeling guilty about not having enough time for all three. Dunno but I do need somebody!

SumMenon Fri 17-Jul-09 12:51:14

We are a South Indian couple expecting first baby in September. Looking for experienced, Indian lady to take care of household chores such as cooking, cleaning, laundry, ironing etc. Baby sitting experience desirable - although babysitting not required initially. May speak Hindi, Tamil ,Malayalam or English.

Expected to come in the morning and leave in the evening, 6 days a week. Sunday off. Live-in may apply also.

Start immediately.

References required.

Sumathi Menon

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: