Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM's hours

(6 Posts)
honie Tue 14-Jul-09 21:20:12

I've always paid cm for 10 minutes extra on the school sides of her hours (ie 10 minutes after she drops them and 10 mins before she collects them). I worked this out the other day to amount to nearly £1000 a year shock The cm pulled me up the other day for being 10 minutes early (very rare, but this was agreed that it may occasionally happen when we originally agreed contracts). Would I be out of line to adjust our contract when it,s due renewing to reflect the extra 20 minutes a day I'm paying?(works out around 86 hours a year) I was happy to be a little flexable buy not at this cost and not if it's a one way thing iyswim?

danthe4th Tue 14-Jul-09 22:03:34

I would adjust the contract to the actual hours you expect to drop off and pick up, if by any chance you are late/early you could agree a charge for those occasions, maybe £1 for every 10 minutes. I would expect extra for travelling time though if I wasn't already at the school for picking up my own children.If I didn't want to accept a child 10 minutes early because I wasn't ready then I would ask the parent to wait with their child. I'm interested to how you got your calculation though? 86 hours is a lot of pick up drop offs!!!!

danthe4th Tue 14-Jul-09 22:05:41

£1000 per year for 86 hours, thats over £11 per hour or is my maths that bad!!

plimple Tue 14-Jul-09 22:08:48

Sorry honie, if you are lucky enough for your childminder to ONLY spend 10 mins on her journey to and from school then you should be happy that's all you're paying for.

bigdonna Tue 14-Jul-09 22:09:47

hi honie im a cm and it does have to work both ways cant believe she said anything about ten minutes .i do have a contract with my mindees but only say something if they are consistently late eg more than twice a week.then i will charge tham normally i dont bother if 15 mins because the next day she may come and pick up early.you need to clear this up does your contract say when it will be reveiwed good luck

honie Wed 15-Jul-09 06:21:01

Morning.

CM is not going out of her way for pick ups/drop offs. I haven't given exact figures, I wouldn't want to on a public forum, but I'm guessing hourly costs would depend on how many children you have smile 20 minutes a day, 52 weeks ayear is alot of time when you had it up, and as my CM doesn't take more than a weeks leave it is costing a lot of money.

If CM were making a special journey to pick the kids up it would be around 5 minutes. The 10 minute early bit is actually the original time I asked the child minder to be available from, she rounded the hours up when she wrote the contracts, and as I say I was happy to be flexable, shouldn't have been but was new to this at the time. I generally drop off at the later time but (as I told her way nack at the beginning) there would be days I needed to drop at the actual agreed time, (verbally)

Contracts are due up very soon so will ask for the adjustment to the hours. Thanks for everyones help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now