Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: Waaaahhhh!

(12 Posts)
crace Tue 14-Jul-09 16:52:06

I just had a disastrous potential mindee meeting. Horrible horrible. And it was three days so perfectly meeting my two day-er. It was MY daughters fault as well.. She was so so so SO badly behaved. She usually is very good so why today??? They will "let me know".. run a mile more like

vInTaGeVioLeT Tue 14-Jul-09 17:49:58

oh dear sad i find my son shows me up when i have potential clients round, hopefully they'll understand and be impressed with how you dealt with the situation.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 14-Jul-09 17:54:08

See it as a blessing in disguise if they can't see past normal child behaviour to what a good CM you are (I assume wink)

And they might still use you.

crace Tue 14-Jul-09 18:01:49

Thanks you two, I am hoping this myself. It's just that the little one is such a PFB that although the mum was nice and understanding I am sure she thought we were too chaotic. Which I am aren't. Oh well, thanks for commiserating grin

Now where's that wine?

crace Tue 14-Jul-09 18:02:20

Which I aren't.. Nice! Pedants look out

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 15-Jul-09 12:20:10

Any news?

aGalChangedHerName Wed 15-Jul-09 14:25:50

Next time farm your lot out to a friend wink I have been known to do that with dd2 lol.

DD1 plays nicely and is polite etc but dd2 is just bouncy and never shuts up and i end up not being able to chat to PP's.

Numberfour Wed 15-Jul-09 15:43:56

when i was in my old job, i chose a childminder partly because her son was playing up during the interview and she handled him so kindly and caringly!!

good luck, you just never know (although when my son and mindee were crawling across the floor screeching the tops of their voices while I was interviewing to take on baby, i KNEW they would not come back to me!)

mumsanutter Wed 15-Jul-09 15:54:39

I honestly think it really depends on the parents and how they are ie relaxed, picky etc

I have had parents come to interview and my ds3 escape out of the garden so a full search commenced, and they didn't come back (no surprise at all), I've had a child (7yr old) put into a little tikes car - again by ds3 who was 3 at the time and pushed around and his mum signed a contract!!

mosschops30 Wed 15-Jul-09 16:05:46

When I chose a CM for dd the couple fostered a little girl with SN. Her behaviour was dreadful during our visit, but their kindess and totally in control of everything manner immediately made my mind up. She spent many happy years with them.
Similarly when I chose one for ds, the CM was more conserned about getting her contract signed than what the children were doing and her toddler managed to lift ds onto sofa whilst she wasnt looking, needless to say I ran a mile.

Its not the behaviour, its how you deal with it that counts. All children are nightmares at times smile

mosschops30 Wed 15-Jul-09 16:06:24

concerned obviously grin

crace Wed 15-Jul-09 21:31:43

Sadly, no news but she is waiting to hear from her work on a revised work schedule upon return from maternity - and it's not until September anyway. Not helping that she also has a place booked with a nursery and was seeing all the options.. You all can see where this is going.. grin

Thank you all so very much for making me feel better, because honestly I do. That and a huuugggeee glass of vino last night helped dull the pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now