Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Sorry....it's about swine flu!

(6 Posts)
BrieVanDerKamp Tue 14-Jul-09 14:12:45

I am a CM, I am a little unwell today.

I spoke to all the parents this morning and obviously raised the swine flu situation, but since I was well enough to work and that it might not be swine flu I thought it fair to give them the choice to send their children or not.

I have got one child now and 2 decided not to come.

My question is really.........if I continue to be just under the weather with mild cold/flu symptoms should I just close and be done with it, I'm thinking that the Dr's probably won't test or treat me if it remains so mild, so I probably wouldn't get it confirmed.

So do I just close and assume it's swine flu, mild or not. Just cos I may have a mild case doesn't mean I won't pass it on to one of the babies who could really suffer with it.

dmo Tue 14-Jul-09 14:45:40

i am angry today
my son was in theater yesterday following a car accident so is unwell and in pain

little boy arrives this morning with dad (normally mum comes) and i start to worry bout his chest as he sounds chesty so phoned mum (who is at home on mat leave) to ask how he has been and to say he is chesty only for her to tell me her older lad has swine flu

dont want my son to get it as he is already dealing with alot

PixiNanny Tue 14-Jul-09 15:06:16

dmo thats crazy! Shouldn't they tel you things like that?!

I have a mild case of swine flu and have managed to pass it onto my mumboss and my 12yo charge! Possibly my dadboss too, though he felt healty enough to go to a meeting today (silly imo lol). It seems that 12yo has got it a lot worse off than both me and his Mum got though, so be cautious! My mb had real trouble getting tamiflu for herself at the weekend, though only two days before that it was shot off onto me as quickly as they could give it! So it's better to be cautious then not!

BrieVanDerKamp Tue 14-Jul-09 15:29:22

If they give me tamiflu will they also give it to my family even though they're otherwise well and no other health problems???

I don't want my kids to get it as well as the kids I mind.

PixiNanny Tue 14-Jul-09 16:01:39

I don't know, when I called they never once asked about my family or who I lived with, even though I mentioned being live-in childcare! I think that unless they show symptoms though, they should be okay and just take tamiflu when they start showing symptoms. There's honestly no need to worry about it too much, most people are only getting mild cases of it.

shoshe Tue 14-Jul-09 19:09:36

DMo I started this thread yesterday

Maybe you should do something similar.

Bree, do you have any children that have other health problems?

If not I would leave it up to the parents.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now