Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

leaving presents for the DCs from the nanny

(8 Posts)
daisymaybe Mon 13-Jul-09 22:22:54

i would like to get something fairly long lasting but not totally without appeal to a three year old and six year old (both girls).

was thinking something like this: http://www.emmabridgewater.co.uk/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=XPPH063&cid=CHIHEA&language=en-GB

maybe?

any suggestions welcomed with open arms.

MissyBellatrix Mon 13-Jul-09 22:42:33

Do you have a Pottery Corner type place, or a ceramic cafe? ie, where you can get the DCs to have their handprints on plates/cups etc then have it glazed and fired. That would be a nice keepsake for her to have the children's small prints plus they can paint their names and kisses/hearts on as well which would be really touching.

Or how about a makeup bag and/or a tote bag with a pic of her and the DCs on ie http://www.photobox.co.uk/shop/clothing-and-accessories/photo-bags here]]

MissyBellatrix Mon 13-Jul-09 22:43:08

try again !here

daisymaybe Mon 13-Jul-09 22:47:51

both lovely suggestions, but want something more for the kids than mum. might think about getting her something as well now though!

iheartdusty Mon 13-Jul-09 23:01:06

daisymaybe, are you the nanny? I read your OP as being present FOR the nanny, which is maybe what MissyBellatrix was answering.

Presents for DC- what about a couple of nice handbags, or a special book each with a dedication from you, or a nice album/scrapbook started off by you with some photos of you all.

I do like the plates you linked to as well.

nannynick Mon 13-Jul-09 23:13:17

For girls, I would say a musical box would appeal to girls of 3 and 6. Children's Music Boxes can be ideal for storing little things in, even if it is just a play necklace and some hair bands. They are also fairly low cost, £6-£12 each so it is a token gift, a little something for them to cherish.

MissyBellatrix Mon 13-Jul-09 23:57:44

Oh- sorry! I misread the title as the other way round.

Presents TO the DCs from the nanny... something silver? Perhaps a hairbrush and comb set? or how about a locket with a picture of you and them in it?

A charm bracelet with a charm on it would be nice also. here and here. You could get your initial and their initial put on it too which would be a nice touch.

daisymaybe Tue 14-Jul-09 21:43:38

ooh such lovely pressies - i could easily spend hundreds!

since the bank would hunt me down and strangle me for that, i will just have to be brave and pick one.

they already have a lot of things like musical boxes etc (they are pretty much the girls with everything), and i worry that they'd just lose jewellery even with the best intentions. i lost a ring that my nanny gave me when she left (i was six) and i've felt really bad about it ever since!

i think i'll go with my original plate idea - i'll let you know how they go down, if they get smashed immediately etc..

thanks guys!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now