Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Do I really need a scald prevention policy?

(5 Posts)
navyeyelasH Mon 13-Jul-09 15:35:52

Or fire prevention? (in addition to fire safety)

How about an eduction policy? (in addition to observation policy)

Trampoline policy as well as permission forms?


atworknotworking Mon 13-Jul-09 16:45:55

I have proceedures which are in addition to policys, which are more of how you do it kind of things, but where i can i try to lump stuff together so trampoline goes with permission for using indoor / outdoor play equipment, which isn't listed individually, but if it's indoors / outdoors an u play with it its signed for.

Its getting to the stage where I have a look at what resources are available and then decide if I have the paperwork already if not, I pick something else, till I get around to doing it mad.

Although I really do need a breaking nail risk assessment for those play dough pots - do it every time - lol

So do we need a scald preventon policy then? cos I don't know either

nannynick Mon 13-Jul-09 16:55:32

As a nanny my insurer requires me to have a Tramploine permission form, even though it is the families own trampoline. So if you have a trampoline, you may find that a permission form for that is an insurance requirement.

HSMM Mon 13-Jul-09 18:16:14

Would scald prevention be covered by your risk assessment?

navyeyelasH Mon 13-Jul-09 22:30:34

Yes HSMM that's what I thought but bromley site has a scald policy!

NN didn't know you would need one as a nanny! Have permission slip but don't see the need for a policy too.

Sorry to e short my keybord wont do certain letters!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now