Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Ideas for leaving present for childminder

(3 Posts)
JimmyMcNulty Sun 12-Jul-09 17:38:26

Ds has been going to his childminder for 2 years and his last day is coming up soon as he is off to pre-school. I'd like to get her a nice present to say thanks and bye but am not sure what. I've given her foodie things before like chocolates but would like to give something a bit longer-lasting. I wondered about a photo of ds but maybe that's a bit naff...

Any ideas? Especially from childminders - what sorts of leaving presents do you appreciate most?

kerry595 Sun 12-Jul-09 19:18:21

As a nanny/childcarer myself I always appreciate something for me, such as a beauty voucher, facial, manicure or some such. My boss just bought me a voucher for a massage and I'm so looking forward to using it.

Not really a long-lasting idea but I hope that helps.

Kerry x

dot91 Sun 12-Jul-09 21:49:38

I have been childming for 17 years and have received may lovely presents from my parents over the years jewelery, gift vouchers ect.But the thing that I appreciate the most, are the thankyou letters that I get thanking me for all that I have done for theit child. I am still in contact with many of my previous parents and children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now