Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Present for kids

(9 Posts)
kerry595 Sat 11-Jul-09 21:36:03

Hi All, I need some help, nannies and parents please reply, all suggestions welcome.

I work as a nanny and have been with the family for 3 years. I'm now pregnant myself and am leaving this position in September. My problem is that I'd like to get the children/family a leaving gift of some sort but have absolutely NO idea what to get, I was hoping for some suggestions.

There are 4 children ages 10, 5 and 2 (boys) and 8 (girl).

Please help!!

Kerry xxx

holdingittogether Sat 11-Jul-09 21:42:01

Depends on how much you want to spend. Family pass for local theme park?? Might be pricey though.

sunnyshine Sat 11-Jul-09 21:46:23

cinema voucher or voucher for child friendly restaurant??

nannynick Sat 11-Jul-09 21:48:52

One of those multi cube photo frame things with a selection of the best photos of the children.

surpriseme Sat 11-Jul-09 21:50:54

8yr old girl might like a build the bear bear.When I was leaving one job the girl was 8yrs old and I took her out for the day to the bear factory and she chose a bear and one outfit and we had lunch
Could do photo albums of the things you have done for them or frame pictures of you with each child
For the 2yr old and 5yr old is there any figure i.e bob the builder/ben 10 that they like?You could get something personalised.i.e bob the builder towel
Or those story books where you can personalise them with childs name and friends in which would work for 2 youngest
With the 10yr old you could go on day trip with him or buy music or something he is into

nannynick Sat 11-Jul-09 21:55:11

A photo memo board like this - with 4 children a memo board of some kind must come in handy.

kerry595 Sun 12-Jul-09 11:22:21

Thanks for these ideas guys, they really help Unfortunately no theme parks nearby (northern scotland) but the photo ideas, build a bear and personalised books are good ideas. The 10 year old will be the hardest!

x

eeyore12 Sun 12-Jul-09 19:25:07

I am leaving my current family in Sept after 4 years and am thinking of presents too, I am doing a photobook for the youngest as she is the main one I have looked after and in it are also photos of the middle one who I have also had for a year out of the 4, but the oldest (11yr boy) I only really see in the hols and even then not much so not really sure what to get him if anything, the girls are easy!

I am taking the girls to see HSM2 the day after I offically leave so that kind of covers them as well, will keep looking at this post for ideas for the eldest.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 12-Jul-09 19:33:11

I adopted a rabbit for the boy from London Zoo as he was desperate for one and couldn't have one and for his sister I got a subscription to Your Cat magazine as she loved cats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now