Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

prospective nannyshare -what to ask the other family?

(3 Posts)
chandellina Fri 10-Jul-09 17:32:17

I am in the midst of trying to hire a nanny, and find someone to share her with, and am about to meet a couple of families in our area who on first impressions seem like great candidates.

I've been reading some threads here about nannyshares, and what makes them work or not, but am hoping for even more guidance on, say, what you wished you'd thought of or asked before teaming up with your nannyshare family.

People say you need to have similar parenting styles. But how do you really find that out in advance?

Is it a nightmare to try to share hosting? If not, is it best to do it on a daily, weekly, monthly swap basis?

I'd also love to hear from any nannies on what has worked in any shares they've worked in.

thanks so much ...

Laquitar Fri 10-Jul-09 18:00:17

I have found 'food rules' to be the most important. For example if one child has endless snacks, chocolate etc it was tricky to tell the other child that he/she is not allowed. Makes the nanny's job much harder. Or juice v water only rules.

So my top question to the other family would be this.

Followed by strict routine v flexibility.

Also i would ask them what they consider good/bad qualities in a nanny and how they view their responsibilities as employers because you have to have similar line.

chandellina Fri 10-Jul-09 19:19:28

thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now