Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What's the best way to find a nannyshare or should I just find a childminder?

(2 Posts)
fruitstick Fri 10-Jul-09 17:13:40

I'm in Warwickshire and I'm considering going back to work 2 or 3 days a week. I will have a 6 month old and a 3 year old who is at pre-school everyday.

Ideally I would like a nanny but I don't think the costs will stack up so would consider a nanny share. How do you go about finding one and are what are the benefits of these over a regular childminder?

nannynick Fri 10-Jul-09 18:23:59

Nannyshare means sharing a nanny with another family AT THE SAME TIME - so all the children being cared for together. I suppose a benefit over a childminder is that in a nanny share, the total number of children may be 4 or 5, where as with a childminder it may be 6 children could be more.

Officially your local Families Information Service should now be able to provide information about ALL forms of childcare... but alas they rarely seem to know that much about nannies - though they may know of a few (Ofsted do notify them when a nanny registers).

For a nannyshare, I'd suggest looking at job sites such as NannyJob, The Nanny Sharers, Gumtree: Birmingham (think that would cover Warwickshire)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now