Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

baby first aid courses for babysitters

(8 Posts)
redtabby Wed 08-Jul-09 12:49:50

Hi, I wonder if any of the childminders out there can help me.

I want to send the lady who will be doing some regular babysitting for us (baby will be three months when she starts) on a baby/child first aid course, any ideas about what organisation/s I can arrange this with? The ones I have looked at so far all seem to only arrange training for groups. We are in London, and the course would need to be in London, preferably north London.

Thanks everyone!
Redtabby

limonchik Wed 08-Jul-09 13:04:08

Have you tried St Johns Ambulance?

HeinzSight Wed 08-Jul-09 13:11:28

St John Ambulance

Clayton training

principal training I know the people who run Principal training and they're v good.

redtabby Wed 08-Jul-09 19:39:24

Thanks for the suggestions, I will look into those!

Mtorun Thu 09-Jul-09 13:47:32

Redtabby,

I`ve recently done St. Johns Ambulance First Aid Course in Archway. There were 3 trainers and the lady(I think her name was Deena) and the guy name Kevin was fabulous!

You can find more info. (dates etc.) on their web site.

M.Torun

nannynick Thu 09-Jul-09 13:59:33

As a teenager I did Red Cross first aid courses via local adult education centre. So may be worth contacting your local adult education centre - libraries often have a copy of their course guide.

redtabby Thu 09-Jul-09 19:41:49

Mtorun, I live very near Archway and was looking at that course on the SJA website. I think I will send myself and my DH on it as well as the prospective baby sitter! Thanks.

danthe4th Sat 11-Jul-09 09:53:56

Try at your local childrens centre it's the sort of thing they run for new mums etc or if you request it they may put one on, they usually require up to 10 people.Some health visitors run them at doctors surgerys worth asking and putting your name down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now