Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Present ideas for lovely CM

(3 Posts)
JemL Tue 07-Jul-09 14:44:46

Hello all,

My DS (3) has been going to a lovely CM since last October. He will be stopping in September, as I will be going on maternity leave, and he will be starting pre-school, which she doesn't pick up from. It works out well for her too as she has a new person wanting to start in September. So the ending is very friendly and we are both a bit sad that is is approaching!

I'd like to buy her a really nice present to thank her - but am so stuck for ideas - she isn't really "into" anything in particular, ie hobbies - she is doing WW, and trying really hard to lose weight so am not sure about anything edible - and I am conscious that, as a CM for 10 years she has probably been bought lots of presents by various mindees and might not want any more clutter!

Any suggestions at all would be hugely welcome - I don't want to leave this to the last minute and panic buy!!!

HighOnDieselAndGasoline Tue 07-Jul-09 14:46:11

What about an M&S voucher and a nice bunch of flowers? That way, she can buy herself something nice that she really wants. I got DD's CM a voucher for Christmas and she seemed pleased.

JemL Wed 08-Jul-09 12:47:37

Good idea - thanks. I was trying to think of vouchers for specific things (eg beauty treatments) but I really don't know what she would like! So perhaps just one she can spend would be best!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now