Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CHILDMINDER CLUB: What would you do?

(4 Posts)
Bonkerz Tue 17-May-05 18:21:24

Ok im in a bit of a dilemma.

I care for 3 girls and the oldest is 3 in june. She is due to recieve her grant and ive been trying to encourage her parents to book her into playgorup for her 5 sessions. I managed to secure 5 sessions at a good playgroup but the parents took too long arranging a visit that they cant offer mornings just afternoons. I cant do this. She will need to be picked up at 3.30 and my son needs collecting at 3 so its impossible to do both. Have told her parents this but they are not making any effort to find alternatives.

To throw a spanner in the works i am pregnant and baby is due at christmas. I dont know what to do. I am only registered to care for 3 under 5 and i already have this so what will happen when my baby comes along? Will i get special permission or will ofsted make me get rid of 1 child!

My minds swimming with problems and i cant think. I do think that as the oldest starts school next september it would be easier and cheaper for them to put her in a nuresery where she can get her grant and would also save my numbers. Should i suggest this to them?

Xena Tue 17-May-05 18:35:25

Its hard Bonkerz I think that it might be a good idea if you suggest the nursery option to them. It would be too much work to have 4 preschoolers on your own even if ofsted were to agree.

KatieMac Tue 17-May-05 21:03:04

Xena could be right...I think 4 under 5 is hard (with 2 of us) and if one is your new born then you might feel split in 2.

I'd encourage them to find a nursery and give them notice now that in say October you will no longer have a place for her. - you might lose her early - but you might get tired

RTKangaMummy Tue 17-May-05 21:06:44

I haven't got anything more sensible to offer than the other two have already said

I think the most important thing in this is YOU and your baby

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now