Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM club: Yikes! mindee has just seen DH without any clothing on!

(16 Posts)
Numberfour Mon 06-Jul-09 08:00:39

Mindee has been with me for nearly 2 years. He is now 6 and I get along VERY well with his mum - we have become very good friends.

Mindee is dropped off at 7am while DH is usually still in bed (that's another matter for AIBU!) and then dresses DS at about 7.30.

Mindee crept up the stairs this morning hearing DS and DH laughing and playing, only to pop his head around the bedroom door and see DH starkers.

Not the best thing for a childminder - or her minded children. I have no doubt that nothing will come of this but should I inform OFSTED? I will definitely tell mindee's mum tonight. I know she will think nothing of it, but I appreciate that it is more than highly inappropriate!

blush

mumsanutter Mon 06-Jul-09 08:12:22

Not sure about informing ofsted, but maybe some baby gates across the bottom of the stairs to discourage mindee from going upstairs......

Otherwise got to grin - sorry

Numberfour Mon 06-Jul-09 08:14:01

we have stair gates! and mindee hardly ever goes upstairs.

oh well, hopefully mindee will not need trauma therapy.

SammyK Mon 06-Jul-09 08:15:32

Oops!

I know it's a bit 'official' but I would get mum to sign an incident form. Explain to her about how DS and DP get dressed upstairs and then come down, and that mindee snuck up and caught your DH unawares and he and you now feel very uncomfortable and awkward!

When you are minding children for this long, they feel very at home, maybe time to remind everyone of household rules and boundaries in a gentle way over the week? I have had to do this before when mindees treat my house as his home a little too much, rooting through cupboards and so on.

Bet your DH is mortified! grin

SammyK Mon 06-Jul-09 08:18:16

I'm guessing at 6 he could open a safety gate anyway, my mindees would have been able to.

Even if you have a good relationship, you never know what will happen down the line, having it on record just covers your back. I know it sounds a bit uptight and official but if you don't record it in the circumstances it happened you are putting yourself and your DH in a vulnerable position. Not worth the risk IMO.

nannyL Mon 06-Jul-09 09:12:48

I wouldnt worry too much about it.

yes tell his mum etc. Maybe you mindee sees his own dad naked some times and might not be at all bothered about it either...

my 6 year old boy charge has seen me naked lots (getting changed at swimming pool) and we are simply not bothered by it.

I have also (accidently) seen exDB naked and also a couple of my MB's.
the same excn has seen me (breifly) naked to, (when i dropped a WHOLE giant mug of noiling water all over me and had to remove my clothes asap to stop myself being permenantly scalded!

atworknotworking Mon 06-Jul-09 09:26:03

grin

Sorry made me smile, bet DH is abit blush this morning. I would tell mum and definately get mum to sign an incident form Lo have a habbit of telling people things that come out a bit wrong, bet teacher is having a story at circle time shock.

Wouldn't contact ofsted though, you never know DH might be up bright and early from now on.

PinkChick Mon 06-Jul-09 10:12:35

i agree mention it too mum but wouldnt think ofsted would need to be told, maybe jot down an incident, but keep it lighthearted and get mum to sign...similar happend to me..mindee jutst tilet training asked several times if she needs to go..no..mum and dad come to collect, dp comes home, go's in bath..mindee NOW needs toilet!!!..rush her upstairs, throw towel over dp and stand holding mindee but in front of dp LOL...told mum and dad what we'd just had to do, they thought it was funny and glad i was resouceful enough to get the job done whilst not 'showing' anything wink...towel needed wringing out mind, poor dpsmile

Def do as an incident to cover yourselves. How embarrassing!

vInTaGeVioLeT Mon 06-Jul-09 17:10:50

buy dp a dressing gown!

my Dp works shifts and i hate it when he is downstairs in his dressing gown - he does have seperate living room.

Numberfour Mon 06-Jul-09 17:26:39

Thanks, everyone! Truth be told, DH was more annoyed with me than embarrased! I suppose it is me that is more concerned.

I will do the incident record as recommended and have mum sign it.

mindee did not mention it at all and when mum came to collect him a few minutes ago there were other more important matters to discuss but will talk to her about it tomorrow.

Thanks again!

ayla99 Mon 06-Jul-09 18:23:52

We had a similar incident. I was extremely embarrassed to tell a parent her child had seen dh naked, but she just laughed. They go nude at home, luckily! I have asked dh to cover up while I'm childminding, just in case.

ayla99 Mon 06-Jul-09 18:45:37

I didn't contact Ofsted, they don't need to know everything that happens. I would have contacted them if the parent had got upset and made a complaint (or I thought they might make a complaint).

I also phoned a parent to explain that the "naked man on the computer" their child might have mentioned, was on an educational website. BT Better world developing skills. The game is about remembering various people you've seen - one is a man in his underpants. Kids thought it hilarious, kept asking to see the "naked man" again. I said to the parent that I'd forgotten to mention it when she collected, but I didn't want her to worry or wonder what kind of service I'm providing if she heard her child talking about it! Much better to hear about it from me first.

Numberfour Mon 06-Jul-09 20:44:40

grin, ayla99!

dmo Mon 06-Jul-09 23:04:02

numberfour where were you while mindee opened the gate and made his/her way upstairs?

Numberfour Tue 07-Jul-09 06:39:14

i was upstairs and had just finished drying my hair. the routine we have in the mornings has been ongoing for about 18 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now