Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny for two months (Sept/Oct) in Cornwall

(5 Posts)
nannynick Sat 04-Jul-09 13:38:46

My sister is wanting a nanny to work for only two months (Sept/Oct 2009). My view is that hiring a nanny for a short period isn't really worth while, given the length of time it can take to recruit... the taxation paperwork.
I also feel she is unlikely to find a nanny to work in Cornwall (Truro area). Nannyjob lists 3 jobs in the entire county.

What's your view... are there nannies looking for jobs in Cornwall? Would those nannies be looking for a job for just 2 months?

Simplyme Sat 04-Jul-09 13:59:10

There are lots of nannies out of work or between jobs that would take on a temp job. If she can offer accommodation then she would likely get more choice of candidates from anywhere in the country not just restricting to local.

Alternatively how about a childminder who takes on temp children?

frAKKINPannikin Sat 04-Jul-09 14:13:28

If she'd offer live in and I'm not booked then I'd consider it so it's not that unlikely.

Some temps are self-employed (those in continuous temp employment, usually MNs who also do nanny work) so the taxation wouldn't necessarily come up.

nannynick Sat 04-Jul-09 14:17:23

Not sure she is able to offer live-in, will ask. Though I doubt she has the room... expect she wants live-out.

badgerhead Sat 04-Jul-09 18:10:24

I can recommend an outstanding childminder in the Truro area who lives near the hospital & who I know has vacancies atm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now