Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminder's Club:And another one bites the dust.....

(10 Posts)
KatieMac Mon 16-May-05 21:39:39

I've just been given notice for an afterschoolee.....I seem to be losing a lot at the moment.

This is the 4th recently....I do keep getting more I signed up another one today, but I'm concerned that I don't seem to deal with parents very well.

I thought that after a very complicated chat with this Mum last Friday (carefully put - as I think her 5 yo was bullying my 7yo) we had decided on a very sensible course of action to solve/alieviate the problem. My real issue is that I came away from the discussion with the impression that it was all sorted and it wasn't

It's so confusing

lunavix Tue 17-May-05 13:12:56

oh dear :/

are you going to try and get another chat in?

RTKangaMummy Tue 17-May-05 13:27:49

Oh dear KMc

Did she agree that her child was a bully?

Could mindee have lied about what happened and so make it sound worse to her?

ssd Tue 17-May-05 13:44:31

KM, sorry to hear that.

I find the hardest part of childminding is the relationships between my 2 kids and the mindees....

Hopefully you'll get some more enquiries soon

ssd x x x

KatieMac Tue 17-May-05 20:55:08

Lunavix - I'm not that bothered - It's just that I misunderstood that gets me down

RTKM - the mum admitted that her dd was sly and manipulative.....and no particular incident was mentioned...imagine describing your child like that....

SSD as I said I'm not loosing any money (new child is twice what other child was)....

It's just annoying

RTKangaMummy Tue 17-May-05 21:11:08

Perhaps you are better off without her

It is not fair on your DD is it?

KatieMac Tue 17-May-05 21:37:28

That's it and Dd has asked if she has to stop playing with other child. I asked why?

Cos she says that if I (DD) won't play with her, then she will tell you (me) that dd has been naughty.

So it's blackmail as well

How cruel

RTKangaMummy Tue 17-May-05 21:40:56

That is awful

Your poor DD

You are well rid of her

KatieMac Tue 17-May-05 22:01:09

The sad thing is that it has been happening for a reasonably longtime - maybe since Christmas.

I've really let DD down

However I'm really sorry for the child - what must her life be like for her to act that way?

RTKangaMummy Tue 17-May-05 22:03:23

No its ok KMc

At least it will stop now

Your DD will be fine now

But yes @ 5 years old to behave and talk like that

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: