Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB - I HAVE A CRUSH ON A DAD

(15 Posts)
CMwithacrush Fri 03-Jul-09 21:54:20

blush

Name changing reg for obvious reasons!!

I am having serious problems with one mindee's dad in that I have a raging crush on him, keep thinking about him, dreamt about him the other night even.

I am married, he is married, he hasn't given any sign of anything other than friendliness ( well the odd wink and you look different today, had you hair done?)

Has anyone else had this happen?

I've cared for his children for over a year now and love them to pieces, I like Mum, we've just been talking for about 20 mins on the phone although I wouldn't say we were friends by any means.

Finding it increasingly hard to look at him without imagining what it would be like if he kissed me.

Should I terminate?

hmm blush

TheBreastmilksOnMe Fri 03-Jul-09 21:57:59

I think if you value your self-respect and your profession then you need to nip this in the bud. You are being seriously unprofessional and are jepodising a family and your career. The former is unforgiveable.

nbee84 Fri 03-Jul-09 22:20:17

As long as you keep it as a secret crush and tell no-one and have absolutely no intentions of acting on it - then I'd leave things be.

If you don't think you can do the above - erm.... I'm not sure. Terminating him seems a bit radical and you may well end up in prison wink grin

shock Gosh, this happens to others too???

Had this happen in past. Legs went to jelly, sounded like was pissed when tried to talk to him - then a whole load of verbal diarrhoea came from my gob and I sounded like a total tit blush. Had to compose myself and rehearse 'chitchat' before he got here every day.

Thought it was just me - thank you for reassuring me.....grin

Never felt this way bout a mum, have to say wink

Agree with nbee - terminating him is a bit drastic and would cost you your ofsted registration....

whatasurpriseivechangednames Fri 03-Jul-09 23:34:17

Just make sure you NEVER voice it......ESPECIALLY if the dad has just left for work, he might just pop back for something and overhear blush

I don't see why you should terminate him the mindee, it's only a crush, it'll blow over.
Reading what you have put I assume you aren't flinging yourself at him in the hopes of an affair!

I don't think it's unprofessional to have a crush, it's human nature but acting on it, that would be an entirely different matter.

OP & UPOW - you definitely aren't alone wink in the dad thing I mean, I haven't crushed on a Mum (yet)

minderjinx Sat 04-Jul-09 16:12:15

Lots of people have idle fantasies. Childminders are usually too busy. Your current mindees must be too undemanding. I could offer you a trade, in the interests of your mental wellbeing. Or you could get some more of your own (check first that both parents are unattractive).

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 04-Jul-09 16:26:49

oggle in his your dreams NEVER make a move

he is probably just being friendly

dont ruin your professional relatioship, and possibly career

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 04-Jul-09 16:27:46

too much sun blush

meant to say

oggle him, in your dreams

RosieGirl Sat 04-Jul-09 18:17:29

I had a crush on one of my daughters friends dad.... untill I got to know his wife a bit better and she started filling me in with lots of his bad habbits, which made me realise its better just to dream, because in reality they are all the same grin

thebody Sun 05-Jul-09 21:11:34

just enjoy the fantasy but never ever try to turn into reality.. you will ruin your life, their life and your career.. no man is worth that!!!!

mind you if Angelina comes ringing me yup for looking after all those kids I might be tempted by that dad.. lol..

naughtygirl3 Fri 19-Aug-11 13:28:16

hi everyone, just joined and would you believe it a thread for just my problem, just might be too late.
Not sure what to do, mind and heart are racing and I don't think it will blow over as suggested, he is a bit of a dream, a real dream.
I mean what would you have done Rosiegirl if you had not found out he had bad habits, I think I want too do something but need reassurance either way.
Help?????

whatsallthehullaballoo Fri 19-Aug-11 14:28:44

Hello naughtygirl3 - I think you may benefit from starting a thread all of your own in 'Am I Being Unreasinable?'

grin

whatsallthehullaballoo Fri 19-Aug-11 14:29:02

Unreasonable obviously.

Tanith Fri 19-Aug-11 15:38:57

I don't know about "crush" but I did find one of my dads attractive until the mum described in detail the hairstyle and make up he used in the 80s. It coloured - quite literally! - every subsequent thought of him grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now