Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Not sure what is going on today...............

(9 Posts)
Acinonyx Fri 03-Jul-09 11:17:03

I went to drop off dd's food etc with her CM this morning. On Friday's, I do this then take dd to preschool. Then CM collects her. This morning, I could her her other baby mindee crying on and off upstiars but after 10 minutes, no sign of CM. I left the stuff at the gate and took dd to preschool.

I called Cm's mobile and landline - no answer. She's due to pick up dd in 45 mins and I should have been in town but I can't go until UI'm sure CM is OK and can pick up dd.

It happens regularly that we wait a while at the gate while CM is doing something with other dc but last time when she was upstairs she called to me from the window.

If she was there but just let me wait then didn't call me I will be furious - but I'm also worried in case something is wrong.

Should I go to preschool at 12? WWYD here? I have been cross and distracted about this all morning.

Acinonyx Fri 03-Jul-09 11:17:50

That should be - 'I could hear her other baby mindee'

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Fri 03-Jul-09 11:23:00

Not sure what I would do. Would probably go to pre-school as I'd be worried. I presume you have called c/m again during the morning.

I would also be cross but worried something was wrong.

Acinonyx Fri 03-Jul-09 11:31:27

I called again then I just went round in the car and found a note to me sticking out of the letter box saying she had heard me knock but was settling the baby and to leave stuff at gate. The note must have appeared after we left. I'm pretty cross tbh. I would have gone straight into town if I'd known everything was OK. CM is great mostly but communication can be scatty.

AtheneNoctua Fri 03-Jul-09 13:22:28

I'd have a chat with the childminder, but in all honesty I wouldn't be mad. I mean if I was trying to settle a baby I would lean over and yell out the window either. But, you could raise the issue of communication. She should have put the note there first. Or surely when she went to place the note she would have seen you had already been... and then she should have picked up the phone to let you know she got it.

As you say, it's about communication. To leave you hanging is a bit inconsiderate, but not worthy of an angry response.

AtheneNoctua Fri 03-Jul-09 13:23:16

I mean if I was trying to settle a baby I would not lean over and yell out the window either.

Acinonyx Fri 03-Jul-09 14:22:36

She got back to me on the phone and I tried to explain that I couldn't have known that everything was OK since I didn't hear her (only the baby) and I didn't get the note etc.

Her response was that things were not OK she would have called me hmm but of course if things were not OK she might not be able to call me which was the whole point hmm

Anyway, I finally got into town so I am somewhat chilled about the whole thing now. Thanks for chewing it over with me smile

AtheneNoctua Fri 03-Jul-09 15:55:20

Did she mention how she thought you were going to see the note after you had already been and gone?

Maybe you should stick notes in your DD's bad after you have picked it back up for the day and then ask her why she didn't see it when it wasn't there.

I think she's a bit dopey, to be honest. Not intentionally rude, just maybe not the sharpest tack in the box.

Acinonyx Fri 03-Jul-09 16:10:31

My Cm is a women of many talents - but alas - logic isn't one of them wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now