Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Advice needed on how to deal with mindee

(3 Posts)
Beck88 Wed 01-Jul-09 11:17:47

I currently childmind a little boy who turned 2 in April. He has been with us since he was 7 months old, on the whole he has his moments but isn't much trouble, our main issues are with his mother!

A few weeks ago I walked into the playroom to find him mid way through taking his nappy off, He looked rather worried when I found him so I put a clean one on and said nothing more.
A week later it happend again,he went down the side of the garden and managed to take it off completely. I mentioned it to his mum who said "oh yes he does that now, you had better watch out because sometimes he goes to the toilet on the carpet!" clearly a regular occurance at home so it would have been nice to have been warned!

tommypickles Wed 01-Jul-09 11:26:25

Yeah I get that all the time. You mention to the parent some odd/unwanted behaviour from a child and they say "yeah they always do that".

When you see her next ask her how long he's been doing it and how she deals with it when he does do it.

If she basiclly does nothing about it, say that you can't have children weeing on your carpet all day and try to come to an understanding of how you will both deal with it as and when it happens.

I had a child once who at 3 years old was still wetting all the time, mum had tried to potty train her from age 2, but it clearly wasn't working well, we'd have 2 or 3 accidents a day even at 3 years old!!

Mum refused to believe she wasn't ready yet, and paid for me to have the carpet cleaned a couple of times.

In the end I had her potty trained, but she still wets at home!! Sometimes it's just about what they're allowed to do at home, that's why you need to plan together how you will deal with something

HSMM Wed 01-Jul-09 14:27:29

I have a 2 year old that takes her nappy off in her cot all the time! When I'm lucky, it's after she has wee'd in it, but not always!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now