Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Anyone ever had 2 aupairs at a time?

(9 Posts)
Totallyfloaty35 Tue 30-Jun-09 20:01:40

As you know got great aupair at the mo and another arriving in a week.Current girl was going to just stay for extra week and train her BUT kids are throwing a hissy and refusing to let currant girl leave,to the extent eldest has offered to give up her room for the summer so she can stay.
In theory we can afford it as nursery closes in 2 weeks so no fees for summer so could pay aupair instead and have let my cleaner go so enough work to go around.
Currant girl is going home for 2 weeks in summer and finishing a week earlier than new girl.But has anyone done this? Any problems? Currant girl spends most of her time with my youngest,they adore each other,am hoping new girl will be with the older ones more ,then i can actually spend quality time with each dd,instead of all 3 vieing for attn at once.

Millarkie Tue 30-Jun-09 20:08:49

I think it will depend on the au pairs's personalities. We had a really lovely au pair who had a complete personality change when we overlapped her for a week with our next au pair. I came home to a pair of giggling MTV watching teenagers who were ignoring the children. Lovely that your kids like your AP so much that they don't want her to leave though.

Totallyfloaty35 Tue 30-Jun-09 20:23:49

Well currant girl spends a lot of time in her room when not working but she does join us for movie nights or play on the Wi if kids ask her and she is out from fri eve to sun eve(unless babysitting) new girl apparently likes to spend all her time with the family,which is ok,had lots of girls like this.Im thinking main probs would be if one seems to do more than the other.I had a problem when my brilliant Slovak girl was trying to train another girl,they had huge rows as the new girl stood there staring out the window instead of helping.

samja Tue 30-Jun-09 20:27:34

As long as currant girl doesn't start a bunfight.....

tommypickles Tue 30-Jun-09 20:56:08

I was thinking that too!!! When I saw your post Samja I thought "oh no not another one who doesn't know how to spell current"!!!

Totallyfloaty35 Tue 30-Jun-09 21:22:23

Sorry didnt realise people had nothing better to do than patrol mumsnet looking for spelling mistakes wink

tommypickles Tue 30-Jun-09 21:31:11

hmm

PixiNanny Tue 30-Jun-09 22:40:47

The currant and bunfight comment had me giggling grin

Totally: interesting scenario, I think it'd depend on what they are like as well, and how they work. If you go through with it then good luck and fingers crossed that they are a matching pair!

DadInsteadofMum Wed 01-Jul-09 11:33:44

Just been through an overlap week.

It was fantastic, the two APs, although very different, got on very well. Chores that sometimes got left to next day were all done on time. DCs enjoyed the extra one-to-one time they were getting.

If I had the room and the budget would definitely consider it.

[Checks spelling and punctuation and posts]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now