Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM help needed

(12 Posts)
coolj Mon 29-Jun-09 16:12:12

One of my parents didnt pay last week. She pays on a Thursday when she gets paid.

I said to her this afternoon 'oh you forgot to pay my last week' She replied, 'no I definately did, I remember. I looked at my receipt book, which didnt have a receipt for last week.

What would you do. Im sure she didnt pay, bu she is adamant she did.

JenniPenni Mon 29-Jun-09 17:21:41

Ask her to show you the receipt you gave her for last week's cheque (which you know you didn't).

If she is still funny ask her to reissue you a cheque and that she should cancel the other supposed one.

This is why I always get monthly fees upfront, saves the hassle of running after money all the time.

How does she pay you?

coolj Tue 30-Jun-09 16:17:48

She always pays cash, normally on a Thurs. She said she couldnt find receipt (there is none according to my book). Im sure she didnt pay me but shes adamant that she did. What a kerfuffle.

Tanith Wed 01-Jul-09 08:49:14

If she can't produce the receipt, or prove some other way that she paid you, then you both have to take it that she didn't. That's why we have receipts.

I'd be inclined to suggest that she pays some way other than cash if this kind of dispute is likely to arise. Then you have a second audit trail to follow.

Littlepurpleprincess Wed 01-Jul-09 09:06:30

oh dear! Ask her if she's taking the piss! Or does she think your just stupid?

lol. very professional me. grin

Stick to your guns, she has no reciept, she hasn't paid.

tommypickles Wed 01-Jul-09 13:21:36

Anything happend with this in the last couple of days?

You say you're sure she didn't pay, are you just being polite, do you know in your own mind that she hasn't paid?

If I was certain that she hadn't paid then I'd ask her to pay me regardless of what she thinks, if she hasn't got the reciept then she didn't pay!

coolj Wed 01-Jul-09 16:09:28

Hi she said she couldnt find the receipt. Cant really prove anything as I think she is definately convinced that she had paid. She gave me this weeks money today. I think im just going to let it ride and keep an eye on her in future and put it down to experience. I cant really afford to lose her 2 DC and dont want her to get peed off with me as she is convinced in her own mind that she paid me and thinks its me that is a crook.

Thanks for letting me rant.

JenniPenni Wed 01-Jul-09 16:12:13

I wouldn't accept cash from her again - as she can just misplace another receipt.

vInTaGeVioLeT Wed 01-Jul-09 22:37:30

oh no that's awful shock hope it wasn't too much money.

i don't issue receipts and get paid by some parents in cash and others by cheque - i have a section in the back of my register which has a page for each child with a column with the date paid - ammount paid and parents signature.
Maybe something like this would avoid future "kefuffles".

tommypickles Thu 02-Jul-09 08:02:35

OMG how much was it?

SammyK Thu 02-Jul-09 08:27:20

shock

That is terrible! I bet she bloody well does know! angry

I would advertise for more kids if I were you.

Also change how she pays you to a cheque/ BACS payment/bank transfer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now