Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Monday morning staff room: any one for iced coffee?

(12 Posts)
Numberfour Mon 29-Jun-09 08:07:56

Morning!

Far too hot for a hot drink (though I have slurped two cups of coffee already)

Off to childrens' centre for a presentation of drama and story. Sounds good.

crace Mon 29-Jun-09 08:15:07

Ice coffee?? Yes please, haven't had one since I left the States.. Yummy

Sounds great, have a good one

As for us, it's a rare day off - we had a manic clearing out session yesterday so I need to pick up all the pieces and do the usual cleaning that didn't happen on the weekend. Oh, and paperwork. Oh, and planning.. blech

Off for animal feeding, preschool drop off and a rubbish run. Yeah me.

HSMM Mon 29-Jun-09 09:02:18

Caramel Light Frappuccino (sp?) please. Thinks .... should I take the kids on an educational trip to Starbucks this morning? Maybe not sad

dmo Mon 29-Jun-09 09:08:43

all poorly today sad was in primary care last night and i have a kidney infection (feels like i am in early labour), so took 2 days off while antibiotics start to work.

doctor did say to drink plenty so a coffee would be lovley thanks smile

southernbelle77 Mon 29-Jun-09 10:39:15

No coffee thanks, but might have to indulge in an ice pop later as am getting hot already!

Day off today so am sat here having great fun doing my accounts, which I WILL finish today!! Can I just ask (As I know some of you lovely ladies are so wise), if after expenses I have my net profit to £10,183, what sort of tax would I expect to pay? I have no idea how to work it out!

Also, while here can I also ask what and when I need to start sorting out my maternity allowance (I'm really hoping I will get it as I have been paying my NI every month). I think it's from 25 weeks (am currently 21 so just trying to get organised!) and with the job centre, is that right?

Sorry not been around much lately. Have been totally shattered with being pregnant and working hard and this incredible heat.

nannynick Mon 29-Jun-09 11:24:36

No work till later on, so I'm off shopping soon. Think I may stock up on some icecream - it's too hot (though not as hot as Summer 1976 yet). Tonight is the only night I'm babysitting all this week sad Least I'm nannying 4-days.

A CM wanting to restart minding again wants your help see here - EYFS, policies etc.

Katymac Mon 29-Jun-09 13:19:13

Morning

If anyone wants to forward my stuff to someone that is fine

Can't do it myself - DH is being admitted to Papworth this afternoon

I'll chat/know more when I get back

southernbelle77 Mon 29-Jun-09 17:35:41

Hope DH, and you, are ok Katy.

I have finally managed to finish my tax return (and remembered more expenses too!) so it is finally all done!! It has taken me all day but I guess its good I had the day off to do it!

Now I need to start on 2009/2010!

Katymac Mon 29-Jun-09 18:28:47

He is having bloods/liver/chest tests tomorrow then is probably going on 3 different ABs for up to 18m

atworknotworking Mon 29-Jun-09 19:14:07

Katymac

sending a verrry bigg virtual hug

take care xx

Katymac Tue 30-Jun-09 11:00:32

Thanks

crace Tue 30-Jun-09 11:06:12

Katy - how is DH doing today

Dmo, you alright?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now