Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Phone interview?

(5 Posts)
Supernanny19 Thu 25-Jun-09 11:15:23

What do parents ask?
& What should I ask?

advisemeplease Thu 25-Jun-09 14:35:04

Treat it like a normal face to face interview and ask all the same questions you normally would.

They usually start by telling you a bit about the family/job then move onto asking about you, your experience, your hobbies, what you're looking for etc.

I find phone interviews easier because I can be more confident asking questions/more assertive about what I want. It's quite easy in an actual interview to get caught up in playing with the children and forget to ask or clarify things. And you can make notes without looking like a complete nerd!

It can be a bit more scripted than a face to face interview though as some parents have a list of set questions and rattle through them rather than having a real conversation.

What kind of job is it for? Will this be your only interview?

Supernanny19 Thu 25-Jun-09 14:44:42

Its for a live in nanny position.
I have 4 other interviews to come.
The whole list of questions gets me as I just like to have a brief chat.
Thanks for your advice.

Supernanny19 Thu 25-Jun-09 20:41:03

bump

nannynick Thu 25-Jun-09 20:54:27

Just be yourself. It's one 5 interviews, so if it is the first you could use it as preparation for the others.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now