Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What does "sole charge" mean?

(5 Posts)
SparkyUK Wed 24-Jun-09 13:55:20

What does "sole charge" mean?

Does it mean sole-carer (as in, the au pair will care for children on her own without a parent around) or that the there is only one child or family to be cared for. I seem to see adds using it in different ways so difficult to decipher. Sorry if this is a silly question

limonchik Wed 24-Jun-09 14:27:46

Sole charge means nanny is caring for the child/ren alone (regardless of how many children or families are involved).

Shared charge is where a parent is around too (or possibily two nannies working for one family).

SparkyUK Wed 24-Jun-09 14:42:07

Thanks - I think people (or maybe it's just me who's been doing it ??) am confusing it with "single charge" where the charge is the child.

nannynick Wed 24-Jun-09 18:24:55

I agree, it's about the amount of time the carer will be spending with the children on their own - no parents around. Sole Charge would mean that the carer is responsible for the children the vast majority of the time.

nannyL Wed 24-Jun-09 18:30:26

yes sole charge is when you are caring for the children and no one else is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now