Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM club: would you have done what i did?

(6 Posts)
Numberfour Tue 23-Jun-09 14:22:47

i walked pass a nursery today and saw a nursery worker ignore a crying toddler (could not have been more than 20 months) and then when the toddler did not go away, she took him by the arm turned him around and moved him away from her. she was reading a sheet of paper. this took place outside in the play area.

i watched for a bit and then saw another worker pick up the little one and take him inside. all the while the first woman carried on reading her sheet of paper.

i later called the nursery and told the manager what i saw and she said she would investigate it. i said if that was my son being treated like that i would be really upset.

now i am wondering if i did the right thing. or may be i am posting this for some support for having done the right thing!!! hmm

TheChilliMoose Tue 23-Jun-09 14:25:28

I'm sure some people will tell you that you didn't know what was going on around whatyou saw and that you were intefering, but if it was my child I would be pleased that someone spoke up.

littlestarschildminding Tue 23-Jun-09 14:33:51

If she had nothing to hide then it won't be a problem!!

As long as you reported what you saw and not what you thought you saw...then you did the right thing.

leonifay Tue 23-Jun-09 14:51:07

if she had been told to do that hmm or there were other things going on then she will be investigated and nothing will happan. however if she wasnt doing her job properly [more likley] then they will investigate and i doubt she will get more than a slap on the wrist (if this is the first time) but at least the nusery know whats going on and i'm sure the mother would be greatfull to you for reporting it if she knew

leeloo1 Tue 23-Jun-09 19:45:26

It seems really unlikely that she was told 'you stand here and read this vital piece of paper and if any of those pesky kids come over then just push them away'hmm so I think you did the right thing!

Of course if she was told that then you should have been calling Ofsted to report the nursery!

Numberfour Tue 23-Jun-09 20:46:24

thanks, everyone, i think after all that I had done the right thing. she didn't just guide the little one elsewhere - she almost spun him around. i did not want to describe it that way because of how inflammatory language can be! and descriptive, of course.

in any event, if anyone did that to my DS I would probably go over to them and yank their arm around too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now