Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

per hour vs daily rate

(4 Posts)
holdingittogether Tue 23-Jun-09 13:59:57

Currently I charge per hour but I have come to realise that many of my child minder friends charge per day regardless of how many hours used. I can see pros and cons of doing it either way and just wondered what others thought? For example a mindee who only comes 6 hours a day is taking up a whole place yet brings in less money than a child here 9/10 hours. On the other hand if you do a daily rate and mum is asks for an extra hour you can't really charge extra. What do others think/do?

kittycatty Tue 23-Jun-09 14:08:05

Hi my friend is a childminder and changed from per hr to daily.
She found that parents didnt stick to their drop off and pick up times and my friend ended up never knowing when the children would be arriving and/or leaving.
She changed back to per hr after 4 months

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 23-Jun-09 14:23:11

i think as cms hours vary and you can only have so many children you so better to have a hourly rate

or charge your daily rate even if for 6hrs, so if your hourly rate is £4 (8-6) then charge £40 for the day whatever hours - that way you are covered

holdingittogether Tue 23-Jun-09 14:29:24

Thank you. I wouldn't like parents constantly dropping off and collecting at random times, have had that before and felt like I was at their beck and call. Just trying to make sure I am maximising my income iyswim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now