Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM costs - 2 or more children at the same time?

(6 Posts)
walmer3 Tue 23-Jun-09 11:53:00

Just a quickie - please could you tell me if it's usual to offer a discounted rate for the second (or subsequent) child from the same family attending the same childminder at the same time? The local nurseries do but I'm not sure if I should expect a childminder to offer the same incentive. Thanks in advance!

Claireodon Tue 23-Jun-09 12:01:01

Some cms do offer sibling discounts and some don't. I don't because I have limited spaces and need the income. Best to ask the cm when you contact them.

Greatfun Tue 23-Jun-09 12:23:23

Mine does. Normally £40 per day but charges £70 for two. I am in London if its any help.

HSMM Tue 23-Jun-09 12:28:14

I don't. I can't afford to. Having 2 children from the same family is more risky than 2 separate ones, because if they give notice, I will lose 2 children not one. I would rather fill the spaces with 2 children from different families (says she currently minding a couple of sibling groups - but speaking from experience when 3 siblings under 5 left).

walmer3 Tue 23-Jun-09 12:32:14

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

bigdonna Tue 23-Jun-09 13:25:18

i offer a discount if the sibling is school aged so i charge £4.00 an hour for mindee1 and in the holidays i charge £6.50 for his 5yr old brother.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now