Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Urgent- Ofsted coming(I'm a childminder) should I have made a transition doc for my rec kids new y1 teacher in Sep?

(5 Posts)
MilaMae Tue 23-Jun-09 11:09:11

They will continue to be with me but in my view have completed EYFS.


hana Tue 23-Jun-09 11:16:51

isn't that the reception teacher's job?

Have always used childminders and never rec'd one of these.

MilaMae Tue 23-Jun-09 11:30:40

That's what I think I'm presuming I just produce said doc when the children actually leave me.

HSMM Tue 23-Jun-09 12:24:45

I do a summative assessment (report) on each child 3 times a year and when they change to a new setting/teacher/whatever, then I 'share' a copy (with parental permission).

If you will still be providing ANY care for children, no matter how many hours a week, then you have to continue to deliver EYFS when they go into reception- and do the obs and assessments on them - until 31st August after their 5th birthday. You must have this information available and show how you will 'share' it with the school. Not having this for a reception child cost me in my inspection earlier this year - even though I had been told I didn't need it.

I appealed and the appeal was thrown out because I didn't 'understand' that I needed to follow EYFS for a 'rising-5' child [that's apparently what they now call a child in reception class hmm]- and they wouldn't comment on the fact that I'd taken advice and was told I didn't 'need' the obs/assessment file.

Good luck with your inspection.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now