Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Katymac or other nursery owners, can you help please?

(5 Posts)
gigglinggoblin Tue 23-Jun-09 09:33:18

I am doing some course work and one of the questions is

Who would you contact to become a registered Centre (Day Nursery) and what would you be required to submit in your application?

I am a registered childminder and all I did was fill in a form, CRB and social services check. All the paperwork and EYFS requirements are checked after the initial application at inspection. So if anyone can help I would be really grateful, I have been trawling the OFsted website and google for 2 days now and still cant find anything else!

Littlepurpleprincess Tue 23-Jun-09 15:36:36

You could phone OFSTED. 08456404040.

nannynick Tue 23-Jun-09 18:26:33

I think Childcare on Non-Domestic Premises is the guide you want.
On page 16 of that PDF, the flowchart shows that the initial application is made to your local authority, who sends you the registration pack.
The pack includes the following:
The application pack contains:
~ application form (EYO)
~ declaration and consent forms (EY2)
~ notification to Ofsted form (EY3)
~ Health declaration booklet
~ checklist
~ preparing for your registration visit booklet
~ envelopes to return the forms
~ leaflet on fees
plus the guidance document.

Prior to EYFS, the main form was known as a DC1. You can see the old DC1 form here which will give you an idea of the questions being asked on the form.

Katymac Tue 23-Jun-09 21:24:13

I see I am superfluous

Nick - you are good

gigglinggoblin Tue 23-Jun-09 22:57:22

Brill, thank you

I guess calling Ofsted would have been the logical step but I am blonde so dont do logic wink

Thanks for that Nannynick (and for Katy coming when I called for help!).

It was one of those questions you think there must be more to it but thats absolutely fab, I can go ahead and get it finished now i am sure I am not missing anything out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now