Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

does anyone know the hotline number for tax credits?

(6 Posts)
leo69 Mon 22-Jun-09 16:10:05

I need the number to inform the tax credits that a parent no longer uses my childcare

coolj Mon 22-Jun-09 17:26:35

Helpline no: 0845 300 3900.

They should be able to help smile

wearefriends Mon 22-Jun-09 18:45:13

hi, don't get me wrong but I have phoned them couple of months ago and they said well Its the parents responsibility to inform tax credit office that they no longer needed the childcare from childcare provider or they are changing the childcare provider not ours as childcare provider.

So they continue paying out the tax credits hmm. No wonder the system is in meltdown shock. In 4 years as a cm I've never been contacted by them to confirm I am/ am still caring for a child they are paying out for.

atworknotworking Mon 22-Jun-09 19:51:10

I had a parent who thought it would be nice to pass my reg to friends so they could get some extra money from TC because "they deserved it" hmm. Needless to say parent is now an X parent. I contacted the compliance dept, they said they do not have a system to match up claimees with individual providers at present but are looking into it. System is a pile of poop IMO it's no wonder people do it, they never get caught and it's basically money for nothing!.

I wouldn't bother phoning, I would put it in writing and keep a copy, as they occasionally do a phone around to check hours / rates etc with providers.

If you have it in writing then at least you can prove you havn't earned as much as they think you have, it's this bit that really annoys me as parents who do this have no regard for us as self employed tax payers.angry

Our local FIS has started putting Ofsted reg no on cm details they send out to parents - if parents then find out your address, how easy is that to fiddle the system hmm. I wasn't aware they did this till got details sent to me for potential cms for own ds - for when I hopefully get another job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now