Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

worried about 18 month old settling into CM

(5 Posts)
Greatfun Mon 22-Jun-09 08:38:56

I may be being a bit precious about this but I return to work for 2 days a week from September. I have booked a lovely and recommended child minder for my 2 DCs. I am not so worried about DD as she is 4 and understands about CM, ETC and for now at least is looking forward to it. However, I lie awake at night worrying about DS. He will be 18 months and I have never left him with anyone. Is this an awful age to try and settle a child? I think he won't be so bad whilst his sister is about but I keep imagining him crying and wondering where we are when his sister is in nursery for 2.5 hours a day. sad

DH and I can just about manage without my extra money so I am seriously thinking of not going back and cancelling the CM. Although I ahve to say the thought of another long wet and cold winter locked indoors is not so appealing.

HSMM Mon 22-Jun-09 09:19:25

Has your CM offered you some settling in days, so you and your DS can get used to the arrangement?

If you do decide to stay home, make a point of getting out and about during the winter.

leonifay Mon 22-Jun-09 09:25:50

as hsmm said, have you spoken to your cm about this? a few settling in days with you and without you will get him used to the situation, he may even enjoy it!
talk to your cm, sooner rather than later, the more settling in time he has the happier he will be when you have to leave him.

thebody Mon 22-Jun-09 10:11:57

agree with all the above and just to say my ds is 18 and going to Alton Towers tomorrow with 3 mates, the driver has just passed his test and they will be going m5 and m6..!!!!aaarrggghhh

I lay awake last night worrying about him and imagining all sorts of crash scenarios.. parenthood doesnt get any less worrying.. it gets worse.... and on that happy note as all mindees are asleep I am now going to make some playdoh..

and your ds will be fine bet you...best of luck in your decisions..

Summerfruit Mon 22-Jun-09 10:23:28

Hi...yes do few days settling in..I don't know how she does but me for exemple..the first time I have a little one, I do 1 or 2 hours then I increase to 3 or 4, then 6 etc..It's normal to be worried, I was worried when I had to leave my dd before being a cm but she loved it..of course she cried at the begining but thanks to my lovely cm, she was happy in no time !! Your son will be only separated for 2 hours and a half ! Give it a go !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now