Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Please help me !

(14 Posts)
TimeFlys Sun 21-Jun-09 21:41:22

I have been an AP for 1 year my contract is up at the end of July.
However I have not spoke to my family about renewing etc , I am just wondering if i give my 4 weeks notice as it says in the contract can she tell me to leave before without paying me? does this apply for AP?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 21-Jun-09 21:53:04

If you're on a fixed-term contract (ending in July) surely there's no need to give notice?

Kafka Sun 21-Jun-09 21:57:27

why don't you talk to your boss and find out what their plans are?

TimeFlys Sun 21-Jun-09 21:58:13

I dont want to just up & leave as they do not think im going - as they havent mentioned it.

TimeFlys Sun 21-Jun-09 22:00:02

they want me to stay as she has dropped hints.but i feel its time for me to give my notice..the only problem is they go away for 3 weeks in July (which would be part of my notice period) so i feel they may say i should go before the 4 weeks is up? and if they do i would like to know if they have to pay me my 4 weeks?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 21-Jun-09 22:04:34

They do have to pay you the 4 weeks, but would that mean you'd be homeless once they're on holiday?

TimeFlys Sun 21-Jun-09 22:09:14

I am able to return home. I just dont want to say I am leaving and be told to go ASAP with 4 weeks unpaid.
If they did this would it be against the law?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 21-Jun-09 22:12:18

Yes, but you might have to sue them - not easy if you're in another country. Where's home, for you?

Have you a reason to think they'd do this to you? Do you generally get along, or are they a bit unpleasant?

TimeFlys Sun 21-Jun-09 22:17:04

I have family i could stay with in the UK.
I do so much for them i dont think they would be happy im going to be honest. so it could go either way.just looked at my contract and its actually 6 weeks notice but if either party acts in a indicent way it can be ended immediatly.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 21-Jun-09 22:22:10

I think you have to sit down with the family and tell them that you're leaving when the contract is up, or at the very least start making references to your post-July plans. (If they can drop hints without being direct, so can you.)

TimeFlys Mon 22-Jun-09 08:25:05

The contract/agreement is from AP world

TimeFlys Mon 22-Jun-09 14:08:25

anyone else??

frAKKINPannikin Mon 22-Jun-09 14:39:37

Tell them you want to sit down and discuss what's happening.

Point out that your contract is nearly up, give them the option to renew if you would like to, hint that you would be happy to help them find a replacement if you don't want to stay. Say that you've been very happy with them and don't want to leave before the time is up.

Millarkie Mon 22-Jun-09 21:16:03

You've worked for them for a year - have you no feeling as to whether they would honour your notice period (I hope my APs realise quite soon after moving in that we would not cheat them out of anything). I would ask them if they are looking for a replacement for when you leave and ask if they need any help recruiting :-) Partly because it will signal your intent to leave but be helpful in the meantime, and partly because if they 'need' an AP and they haven't yet started recruiting they need to get started!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now