Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Part-time childcare for summer hols - where should I be looking?

(8 Posts)
laumiere Fri 19-Jun-09 20:30:00

I'm a mum of 2 boys, DS1 (3) is disabled and attends nursery four days a week in term time. DS2 is 4 months.

I really need someone to care for DS2 for 2-3 hours twice a week from July to September so that I can devote the necessary attention to DS1. Where can I go for information on people who can do this? Someone suggested a mother's help, are there any agencies anyone can recommend?

Ripeberry Fri 19-Jun-09 21:42:16

Try www.childcare.co.uk they usually have a list for most areas of mother's helps, p/t nannies.
Hope you find what you want smile

MizZan Fri 19-Jun-09 22:05:08

we have just had massive success with this by posting an ad on gumtree website. www.gumtree.com-post under your own city or nearest...I could not believe the response, lots of nannies between jobs and teachers/students on holiday, with experience and references etc. good luck!

Millarkie Fri 19-Jun-09 22:22:29

We've used gumtree to find holiday care too.

Millarkie Fri 19-Jun-09 22:25:03

Hijack - sorry - Mizzan - does that mean you have given up on APs?

laumiere Sat 20-Jun-09 09:00:32

Thanks, have posted on Gumtree!

I would look on gumtree. nannyjob, here, netmums.

you may find a student who is on uni break who is studying a childcare related degree or one who is about to start uni end sept looking for some part time childcare work.

nannysammy Sat 20-Jun-09 12:58:33

hi laumiere

iam a nanny loking for summer childcare work

please veiw out my profile on childcare.co.uk

samantha joanne moss

or email me sammymoss19@aol.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now