Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.


(4 Posts)
missymoo2411 Fri 19-Jun-09 19:34:18

im the only cm to cover my school so am wanting to employ an assistant ive filled in the cy2 form the person who im planning to have ive known 20 years she has a recent crb with the local council as she is doing a youth workers course also she is now doinig her safe gaurding children,1st aid ,and basic every child matters so shouldnt be a problem well 2 questions one could she start working with me if i tell ofsted before the forms have all gone through will follow all rules ie not left alone no changing nappys....and the other one is how much could i increase my ratio by i have my 4 children 8,7,5,2yrs and 3 places 2 under 5 1 over 5 these r used but varying hours but i now have 2 siblings wanting to come and some will cross over ea\ch other taking me over by maybe 2 hours at most and only on certain days and only till january thanks for your help ..

Katymac Fri 19-Jun-09 19:56:58

Sorry Missymoo - employing an assistant doesn't automatically increase your numbers, I'm afraid

It is more complicated than that - space is a concern (both indoor & outdoor)

You will need a clause on your certificate before an assistant can start working

nannynick Fri 19-Jun-09 23:22:04

Ofsted Factsheet: Assistants
That may be of some help. As Katymac says, an assistant may not increase your numbers... there are other factors to consider.

missymoo2411 Sun 21-Jun-09 00:37:39

thanks guys im just checking it out at the moment for options space isnt really a problem thanks for your help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now