Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Help needed, considering a cm, would this appeal to you?

(6 Posts)
lubblyjubblies Fri 19-Jun-09 18:22:51

Hi,
If anyone has any opinions on this, I would love to hear them.
I am due to start work in september and I think I will be financially better off by using a childminder (due to tax credits etc).
I have 3 children, 2 in local school, 1 due to start nursery part time in Jan.
We only have one childminder in the village and I am very happy with the idea of her caring for my kids. She currently struggles to get clients due to small fairly poor village location rather than any other issues. She has room for my 3.
I obviously will be paying her to have all 3 before and after school, and little one during day.
My problem comes because my days of work will change weekly, although the hours will stay the same. Now I can manage to pay for the 3 days, but would you expect something for the other 2 ?
She will be probably getting £250 per week from me alone, and she has her own kids too. Would this be ok for you?

CarGirl Fri 19-Jun-09 18:25:32

all you can do is ask her, she may come to a compromise or it may suit her or it may not.

Picante Fri 19-Jun-09 18:25:51

If I were her I'd charge 5 days for the under 5 and 3 days for the school children. I looked after a child whose mum was a nurse who had different shifts each week - I charged her a standard weekly amount which was the same whichever days I had him.

CarGirl Fri 19-Jun-09 18:26:57

will you be getting the full 80% back in CTC for the CM?

CarGirl Fri 19-Jun-09 18:27:29

Also what about school hols or is the job term time only?

lubblyjubblies Fri 19-Jun-09 18:32:45

I wont be a nurse, but NHS employed, similar shift pattern. She would need to cover school hols too, so her money would obviously go up then. I wont get the full tax credit, in the figures I worked out it is about 40% back, which is how I can now consider her, rather than our current unregistered nanny (ps nanny leaving next month anyway so would need to find new one)
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now