Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB - Hand foot and mouth query

(8 Posts)

Mindee may have HF&M. She's been off colour since Tuesday and now has mouth ulcers that are spreading along the tip of her tongue and by end of today had a few spots on her chin too.

Told mum it's going around (so I heard today) and might be worth getting her to the GP tomorrow (is off till Tuesday now)

My question is, I can't find much on the exclusion period and I would assume that she will be over that period by next Tuesday anyway, so do I need to exclude or not do you think?

cookielove Thu 18-Jun-09 19:18:05

children should be excluded until all the blisters have dried

Trinaj Thu 18-Jun-09 19:19:07

We have it at our nursery and the children were told by their doc that if it's mild just a few days off.
Best to just check with doc and your childcarer as they may have a policy. HTH x

Katymac Thu 18-Jun-09 20:49:36

Exclusion only on the advise of the Health Protection Unit

SillyMillysMummy Thu 18-Jun-09 22:06:50

here

Thank you for that link, now why couldn't I find that?!

Hopefully will hear back from parents today. Does anyone know if it can be harmful in late pregnancy? Have been in contact with 36wk friend x2 this week <worry>

looneytune Fri 19-Jun-09 06:15:57

Not sure but don't think so. About 3/4 years ago I had a baby with this as bless him, it looked so sore His hands were a mess from the sores and all the bits of fluff stuck in the skin etc. so I just kept bathing his hand in bowls of clean, luke warm water and then dabbed with kitchen roll. Just thought I'd mention in case your mindee gets like that as I found the water bowls made a huge difference (although this was a baby who was into grabbing EVERYTHING!)

It was confirmed. Thanks again for the advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now