Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Thursday Staff Room

(13 Posts)
shoshe Thu 18-Jun-09 08:45:43

We are off to Dorchester Borough Gardens for national Childminding Week Festival. grin

mumsanutter Thu 18-Jun-09 08:56:19

Have a great time Shoshe. Having new carpet put on the stairs today, so not up to much but not working until 3pm...

HSMM Thu 18-Jun-09 09:16:26

Morning. Meeting at the local Children's Centre tonight. Any ideas what extras I can ask their help with?

crace Thu 18-Jun-09 09:50:48

Have a great time Shoshe..

Err.. brain dead at the mo HSMM will try and think of something. I have a partnership with parents meeting tomorrow am so may steal yours!

Have "fun" mums

Yesterday was so so busy but very good. I only have 2 days where it's full on, but it so is. I have my three plus my two borrowed under 5s. Manic but good. Day flew by. Day off today, which is good, as I need to clean up from yesterday!

Katymac Thu 18-Jun-09 10:06:23

Well DH has now been ill with a tummy bug since Sunday

I have done more school runs in the last week than i the last year

Today one of the mums went to work late so she could take my DD & her DD t school for me

I have used up all my favours from people wrt work and am working on a shoestring of staff (which will get better next week when someone new starts)

I was at Tescos to 9 o'clock last night as DH normally does the shopping

I even took the rubbish out

I am so tired & I don't want to be a childminder anymore

alibubbles Thu 18-Jun-09 10:28:01

Have a hug katymac (((((( hug)))))!

I have a baby at the moment, who desperately needs a sleep, she is at that stage where she can stand up in the cot, but can't lie down herself, She is desperate desperate to sleep. I might put her in the buggy ( lie flat P&T with lovely lambskin in) and rock her off to sleep.

I know the moments of " why am I doing this?"

Katymac Thu 18-Jun-09 10:30:00

thanks

erm.....it might be displacement about how worried I am about DH.....maybe?

The dr is on his way out

crace Thu 18-Jun-09 10:44:18

Katy, thinking of you both - hopefully Dh recovers soon but it's been a long time now hasn't it? Hang in there.. please let us know how he is. x

Katymac Thu 18-Jun-09 11:11:42

It depends which way you look at it

He has been ill & medically retired for 16 and a half years

He has been treated by Papworth for 18m

He has a current diagnosis since February

He has had a tummy bug since Sunday

Can you tell I'm stressing?

crace Thu 18-Jun-09 12:24:36

Yes, Katy I can well imagine. Bless you, you've not had an easy time of it

atworknotworking Thu 18-Jun-09 12:58:41

Aww Katy hope today brings some brighter things for you, I had tummy bug on Monday feeling a bit shaky still but much better today, got 3 little ones and 7 after schoolies, with a prospective newbie coming at tea time <atwork wondering why she said tea time> my DD's sports day today, going to miss it again sad second year in a row now and for parents evening too. DH said he could make it though so at least she will have one of us to jolly her along.

Trying to get fathers day things done, left it a bit late this year blush think I might start halloween next, if I start now might get it done by Oct. grin

Katymac Thu 18-Jun-09 14:13:43

GP been

Ab's & Antiacids

I am not confident

looneytune Thu 18-Jun-09 14:21:15

Hi everyone

Only had time for quick scan.

Katy - I'm not wanting to be a childminder anymore atm too and my stresses aren't anywhere near as bad as yours so I really feel for you. Big {{{hugs}}}. Also, thanks for that email. I'll have a proper look at it during my week off but I'm very grateful to you

HSMM - Bum, I forgot dh has college on Thursdays so I'm not able to make it tonight. I really wanted to say my bit too!! grin Let me know how it goes!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now