Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Where can I find a comprehensive list of childcare providers? Is there such a thing?

(4 Posts)
Tobermory Wed 17-Jun-09 18:34:57

DD is 2.1 and has been at nursery for over a year. Am considering changing her childcare provider but where to look? Is there a single list with all contact details...I somehow think that ideal solution will be just too easy to be realistic!

Think Im wanting to go down the CM route... please point me in the right direction.

Thanks muchly

saadia Wed 17-Jun-09 18:38:15

google ChildcareLink

saadia Wed 17-Jun-09 18:39:10

you can enter your area and what sort of childcare you are looking for, I found my CM this way, good luck

nannynick Wed 17-Jun-09 19:29:12

A new database system - The Parent Know How Directory - is being developed and latest I've heard is that it will go live in September 2009.
However it is unclear to me how private individuals will be able to access that. A subset of the data is likely in my view to be made available via Direct.gov.uk and/or ChildcareLink.gov.uk It will also be available via your local Families Information Service.

So to answer your question... the best way of getting a full list is to contact your local Families Information Service. Their details can be obtained by entering your postcode on the www.childcarelink.gov.uk website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now