Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny tax!!

(8 Posts)
ilovethecake Wed 17-Jun-09 17:50:55

Hello all!! Does anyone out there know what the gross amount you would have to pay on £170 a week!! Many thankssmile

nannynick Wed 17-Jun-09 18:01:55

Would depend on the persons taxcode, plus will change in April (or at any other time that tax amounts get changed). May also vary a little depending on tax paid to date.

So roughly:

£170 net per week is £192.77 Gross per week.
Employers NI is £10.61 per week.
Source: ListenToTaxman.com
This is dependent on the person having no other income, thus full tax allowance being used for this job.

If the same gross amount was offered to someone with another job, then using taxcode BR the NET figure would be £145.13 per week.
Source: ListenToTaxman.com

ilovethecake Wed 17-Jun-09 18:15:04

Thanks Nick, not the first time you have helped me out, so thanks for getting back to me soooo quickly!!

nannynick Wed 17-Jun-09 18:20:28

Remember that figures can only be a guide, as there are many things in the employees circumstances that can effect how PAYE is calculated.

Are you asking from an Employer or Employee point of view? Sorry, I forget if you are a nanny or a nanny employer.

ilovethecake Wed 17-Jun-09 22:01:02

Hi, i am a nanny but with all my recent who ha (if that's how it's spelt!!) about my employers going on holiday and me having to owe them babysitting to make up for them going on holiday, you gave me advice then too, i now have another family keen to employ me but they are trying to find out if they can afford me!! I just needed to give the family an idea to see if we can make it work! Thanks Nick once again!!

AtheneNoctua Thu 18-Jun-09 08:53:35

The nannytax website has a very simple calculator on it that might be a useful guide.

ilovethecake Thu 18-Jun-09 16:39:22

Hi AtheneNoctua, i'll take a look at their website, thanks for that!!

MartaZ Mon 20-Jul-09 10:52:59

Hi, I'm a Nanny and Im looking for job in East London. If you want to know more just send an e-mail arancia@poczta.fm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now