Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

cm club: networks

(6 Posts)
holdingittogether Wed 17-Jun-09 14:52:44

Can someone tell me a bit about networks? What exactly does it involve? What are the advantages of being part of a network? Is it more work? Thanks

tigersmum Wed 17-Jun-09 15:16:31

In my area, and in my opinion, there are no benefits from being on a network. If anyone knows of any I would be interested to know what they were.

KatyMac Wed 17-Jun-09 16:08:35

You can't provide funded EY education if you aren't on a network

Mine provides support/training/referrals etc

Numberfour Wed 17-Jun-09 16:16:24

it is more work initially because you have to fill in a lengthy application form - well, in surrey you do at any rate.

advantages that i can see are:
1. being quality assured
2. having regular contact with you coordinator to talk matters through and to go through some standards every now and then
3. free training on various topics
4. many free resources
5. you can draw down nursery funding once you are accredited and you cannot be accredited unless you are part of the network
6. it was useful to say that i was on the network when i applied to do the eyps
7. shows a certain type of commitment to your work (and i don't mean this to read that non-network CMs are not committed!!)
8. play and learn sessions arranged by the coordinators
9. many outings arranged throughout the year that are funded.

disadvantages:
1. you must be committed and go to a certain number of training sessions and / or play and learn sessions.
2. can be cliquey to some extent

I am very glad that I joined.

holdingittogether Wed 17-Jun-09 16:32:41

Thank you. Am going to ask about it at the next cm support group but i know not many are part of a network.

Numberfour Wed 17-Jun-09 16:36:33

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now