Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club:Think me up a Father's Day craft.....I am brain dead

(11 Posts)
KatyMac Wed 17-Jun-09 11:50:02

Something suitable for 5m to 11 yrs

Without paint (ideally)

& not too complicated

If someone would be so kind.....I am a bit apathetic today

HappyMummyOfOne Wed 17-Jun-09 12:14:14

What about cutting shapes out of paper/material for them to make "dad" - DS did this last year on a card at school but you can also do it without the card.

The face was paper and they added eyes etc, body from sraps of material and legs and arms were dangle from concertinered paper. Very easy and not too messy.

coolj Wed 17-Jun-09 13:09:44

how about making a cardboard photo frame with photo of child in. The litte ones can draw or stick jewels or something to decorate frame.

Lilyloo Wed 17-Jun-09 13:12:08

We just made a card in the shape of a cup and stuck a pg tips tea bag in it , with the tag hanging out the front of the card and teabag inside at toddler group.

plimple Wed 17-Jun-09 13:14:49

We're going to make Daddy cakes, I know it's not really craft, but it's indoors in this awful weather - like rock cakes, but we call them Daddy cakes as my Mum's Dad used to make them! Have lots of chinese food containers to take them home in that could be decorated too.

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 17-Jun-09 14:54:36

whats wrong with paint? grin

we have done a flowerpot with handprints on and a cup that they painted and then varnish both

KatyMac Wed 17-Jun-09 16:05:57

I have 12 to do in 2 days (well 2.5)

So things are a bit fraught atm

Numberfour Wed 17-Jun-09 16:09:10

c'mon, katym! you can do it! get out those paints!

grin

KatyMac Wed 17-Jun-09 16:12:06

not this week

DH is in bed for the third day
Papworth has been cancelled
My new member of staff doesn't start til next week
I have a pile of paperwork about 3 ft deep

& I found some lovely car/vehicle cutouts which they are sticking to card & we are doing some 'writing'

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 17-Jun-09 16:38:46

sure the dads will appreicate them

we made cards last week, just glitter, glue and stickers etc

Tas1 Wed 17-Jun-09 20:01:13

Not a craft as such, but we made chocolate & raisen fudge today. We have decorated a jam jar to put it in as well. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now