Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

claiming for gifts on your tax return

(6 Posts)
PaulaAtMummyKnowsBest Wed 17-Jun-09 09:25:12

I was told by IR that it couldn't be done but I know that several of the childminders on this board do.

What do you put them down as? I am currently sorting out my end of year stuff for the accountant.

Thank you


LittlePaws Wed 17-Jun-09 10:07:48

In my booklet from the IR it says you can put them down as gifts for clients.

NCMA gudelines also say you can claim for gifts for mindees.

atworknotworking Wed 17-Jun-09 11:53:00

You can definately claim back for gifts, inland rev guidelines say "reasonable cost" so no PS3's or WI's I try to keep mine under £10 each which I think is reasonable.

PaulaAtMummyKnowsBest Wed 17-Jun-09 14:17:14

thank you

JenniPenni Wed 17-Jun-09 15:16:29

I claim for all gifts!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now