Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

another thread on leaving presents...whats the done thing?

(3 Posts)
leonifay Tue 16-Jun-09 20:38:56

i have 1 mindee leaving on friday and 2 mindees leaving in the middle of july, due to me moving away. so should i get a leaving pressie for them? would the parents expect it? i've been minding 1 for 6 months and the other 2 for 3 months.
what should i get for them? i dont have alot of money to spend so cheep ideas please.

alarkaspree Tue 16-Jun-09 20:45:25

I wouldn't expect a leaving present from a childminder if they'd only been looking after my dc for that length of time. If you'd looked after them for years, I would probably hope that you were so fond of them that you'd want to get them something and would know the perfect thing.

I think that something like a photo of them with you/other minded children stuck to a card to say you've enjoyed looking after them, possibly with a sheet of stickers, would be perfectly adequate.

alarkaspree Tue 16-Jun-09 20:46:22

(but I should mention that I don't actually know what the done thing is, I have no experience of using childminders)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now