Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

WAS I RIGHT OR WAS I DUMB ????

(5 Posts)
Summerfruit Tue 16-Jun-09 11:05:02

Hi !

I have signed a contract with a lovely mum who wants me to start mid-July looking after her dd...Until the starting, I'm going to have her for some settling hours, lets say 2 hours today, 4 tomorrow, 5 next week...I have charged her for that but my question is : As this mum wants 3 days a week, should I have asked her for some kind of retainer or some money in advance ? She already paid for the settling hours.

Summerfruit Tue 16-Jun-09 11:06:05

I mean some kind of retainer for the hours she is not using ?

AtheneNoctua Tue 16-Jun-09 11:36:36

You probably could have negotiated that before you signed the contract. But, I would think at this point it would be really cheecky to ask for it now. Also, I think one month is not that long. If she wanted you in six months then a retainer would be in order. But one month seems a normal period to wait/organise care.

pinkdelight Tue 16-Jun-09 15:06:17

You were right not dumb! She's starting next month and you have no one else taking the space so there's no call for a retainer. Especially as you're charging for settling in, which not all CMs do, so you're not really out of pocket.

Summerfruit Tue 16-Jun-09 17:45:26

Hi thank you all..I kind of tought I was being fair..Well I'm charging some of the settling, as it's about 40 hours and different times etc..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now