Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Roll up Roll up, it's the Tuesday Staffroom

(12 Posts)
crace Tue 16-Jun-09 07:21:11

Morning all - only one after school mindee today, hitting the park. My family all have a cold so quite glad today is a quiet day after yesterday!

Have a good day all.

leonifay Tue 16-Jun-09 07:31:40

morning crace, and everyone else, have 2 mindees this morning arriving at 7am. off to a story sack session this morning, if mindees turn up, which should be fun.

have a good day grin

KatyMac Tue 16-Jun-09 07:47:54

Morning all

I have 7 today <gulp> & DH is poorly so I need to do the school run (with babies).....I don't like it

coolj Tue 16-Jun-09 07:53:36

Morning everyone. I have 2 this morning then 2 this afternoon.

Have a good day.

HSMM Tue 16-Jun-09 08:04:43

Morning. Just off to peel DD out of bed (again)

Numberfour Tue 16-Jun-09 09:12:54

morning!

no school for DS as the teachers are having first aid training so we are off to a friend's house for a Seaside themed morning!

then birthday present shopping and card making for DH (must remember his birthday! must remember his birthday! must remember his birthday!)

feel grim with hayfever. i just want to go to bed and avoid everyone.

mumlove Tue 16-Jun-09 13:32:33

Afternoon all.

Just managed to sit down with a coffee as 3 mindees asleep shock.

Still very busy Mon, Tues & Weds but still no work on Thurs & Fri but am enjoying some time to do other things grin.

We have made some shortbread for fathers day and been to music tots. School run to do at 3.15 & 4pm (my DD on trip & coming back a bit later!).

Ejoy the afternoon.

crace Tue 16-Jun-09 17:47:59

Oh, mumlove - what is your recipe for shortbread? Was thinking of doing that with the children rather than cakes (again!)

mumlove Tue 16-Jun-09 18:21:57

Shortbread

125g butter
50g caster sugar
175g plain flour
1 tablespoon milk
Just rub butter, caster sugar and flour together in a big bowl until it looks like bread crumbs. Add a tablespoon of milk to the mixture and knead for a minute or two until it forms a smooth ball of dough then pop in the fridge for half an hour.

Turn onto a floured surface and roll out the dough until it's 1cm thick. Cut out biscuit shapes using a biscuit cutter or upturned cup. Reshape the scraps and cut more rounds. Place the biscuits on a baking tray and prick with a fork.

Bake at 180 C/Gas 4 for 15 minutes. This is the only tricky bit ... leave biscuits to cool on the tray before eating!

You can store them in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks but they'll probably be eaten well before then.

Suitable for freezing.

We had approx amounts of ingredients as 2 x just 3yr olds & 11mth old were doing really well at helping to spoon out the correct amount grin.

mumlove Tue 16-Jun-09 18:24:27

Yes I thought the same Crace, I found that shortbread was a lot easier to do than cakes.

crace Tue 16-Jun-09 21:59:06

Ooh even better, they can use cookie cutters. Nice one ML thank you!

nannynick Tue 16-Jun-09 22:21:12

Shortbread style biscuits are also easy:
120g butter
30g icing sugar
120g plain flour
vanilla essence

Cream the butter and sugar. Add vanilla.
Add flour. Stir well.
Roll into small balls.
Place on baking tray spaced apart.
10 mins at 180c
Allow to cool for 5 mins on the tray before transferring to cooling rack, they tend to be a bit fragile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now