Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders: Can you help me with ideas for a lovely leaving present?

(10 Posts)
Littlefish Mon 15-Jun-09 19:16:05

My dd has been with her wonderful childminder for 4 years now. She is leaving her at the end of this term as she starts school in September in a different village.

I want to give her childminder something lovely. She has been so wonderful with dd. Over the years, I've given her things like flowers, champagne, vouchers for massages, home-made chocolate cakes in lovely tins etc.

Would a nice plant/tree/bush for the garden be ok? Something like a white lilac which will look and smell gorgeous?

Obviously, I'll also write to her to let her know what she's meant to our family, but wanted to give her something as well.

Any other ideas? Budget is about £50.00

A plant is a lovely idea

How about a Willow Tree type ornament? Something depicting children?

I wish you were my parent! [GRIN]

Littlefish Mon 15-Jun-09 19:21:14

Dh suggested a rose bush, but I don't think it would be particularly wise, given the age of the children she looks after smile.

I hadn't thought of an ornament - I do a google search and see what they do.

Thanks Mary.

Tinker Mon 15-Jun-09 19:24:19

<Lurking, am in the same situation> Would love childminders to suggest things they'd love.

Littlefish Tue 16-Jun-09 08:28:43

Any more ideas?

I'll sneak into the Childminders' staffroom and post a link to this thread Tinker.

HappyMummyOfOne Tue 16-Jun-09 12:22:21

How about a nice watch or necklace, something that will remind her of your DD whenever she wears it?

the plant is a lovely idea and will remind her of your daughter when its in bloom.

why not get a photo of your daughter as well and pop in a frame - maybe your daughter could decorate a cheap frame

maybe you and your daughter could bakea cake together as well.

its the personal things that will mean more to the childminder than any expensive brought present

Littlefish Tue 16-Jun-09 14:30:23

Some lovely ideas - thank you.

I had a look at lilac plants today so I'm definitely going to get one of those. I like the idea of giving her a piece of jewellery too.

I agree about the personal touches eastmidlands. I will get dd to make a card for her and write her name in it etc.

Tinker Tue 16-Jun-09 14:34:30

I might get my daughter to decorate a plate or one of those blank canvas things - depend how it turns out as to whether I give it hmm. That and a case of wine.

Littlefish Tue 16-Jun-09 15:56:26

That's a good thought Tinker - one of those china decoration places. I know there's one a few miles from here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now